EERAdata develops, explores, and tests a FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, re-usable) and Open Data ecosystem in the low-carbon energy field. Benefitting from the involvement of the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA), EERAdata fosters broad community involvement in four Use Cases. It establishes a pool of experts and data stewards to facilitate a mental shift towards FAIR and open data practices. EERAdata also implements an open platform for seamless access to energy data as well as services and tools to inprove on the FAIR status of existing and new energy research data. EERAdata is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) implemented from 03/2020 to 02/2023 under the EU´s Horizon 2020 programme. The European Commission has funded EERAdata with €1m, under Grant Agreement no. 883823.
- To promote the opening and FAIRification of low carbon energy research databases
- To develop a community platform as an entry point for both, providers of energy data and users of energy data
- To build technical, operational and financial capacities for the management of FAIR and open data in and with the low carbon energy research community
- To coordinate the management of data in the energy field in EERA and beyond by fostering initiatives in industrial and scientific communities in the frame of EOSC
- KER 1: EERAdata platform and knowledge base
- KER 2: Training material compiled from external sources & EERAdata platform and knowledge base
- KER 3: Template for FAIR and Open Data Management Plan (DMP)
- KER 4: Use case insights and methods
- KER 5: FAIR and Open data business models exploration
- KER 6: Thinking beyond the EERAdata project – The future of FAIR and open energy research data (D2.4)
- KER 7: Analysis of gaps & Research & policy recommendations (D2.3)
- KER 8: Trained FAIR data stewards (see speakers in workshops and links to project partners)
- Wierling A, Schwanitz VJ, Altinci S, Bałazińska M, Barber MJ, Biresselioglu ME, Burger-Scheidlin C, Celino M, Demir MH, Dennis R, Dintzner N, el Gammal A, Fernández-Peruchena CM, Gilcrease W, Gładysz P, Hoyer-Klick C, Joshi K, Kruczek M, Lacroix D, Markowska M, Mayo-García R, Morrison R, Paier M, Peronato G, Ramakrishnan M, Reid J, Sciullo A, Solak B, Suna D, Süß W, Unger A, Fernandez Vanoni ML, Vasiljevic N. FAIR Metadata Standards for Low Carbon Energy Research—A Review of Practices and How to Advance. Energies. 2021; 14(20): 6692. https://doi.org/10.3390/en14206692
- Schwanitz VJ, Wierling A, Biresselioglu ME, Celino M, Demir MH, Bałazińska M, Kruczek M, Paier M, Suna D. Current state and call for action to accomplish findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of low carbon energy data. Sci Rep 12, 5208 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-08774-0
- Arghandeh Paudler HJ, Schwanitz VJ and Wierling A. Realizing a human-centered digitalization of the energy sector [version 1; peer review: 1 approved]. Open Res Europe 2022, 2:140. https://doi.org/10.12688/openreseurope.15129.1
- Wierling A and Schwanitz VJ. Implementing the FAIR data principles for a European database on citizen-led energy projects. In prep.
- Schwanitz VJ, Arghandeh Paudler HJ. Harvesting the value of data & Harvesting the value of low carbon energy research data. In prep.